Finally Made It!!! ...and A Question

Decorating By Charmed Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 9:33pm by Doug

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 7

I finally made a gum paste tiara and it is intact!! The ones that I made with gumtex were horrible, the gum paste was cracking as I was making the tiara. it wasn't drying just too much problem with. the paste. so I used another gum paste recipe and it worked well icon_biggrin.gif I am happy icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif It is not finished yet . Do you think it would be better if I apply glitter/sparkle to all of tiara or just apply silver color to some parts of it.
here is the photo link:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1718608

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 7

I like sparkly so I'd say glitter the whole thing! Are you using disco dust/pixie dust?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

Do you think it would be better if I apply glitter/sparkle to all of tiara or just apply silver color to some parts of it.

YES.

first the silver as a base coat

then glitter/sparkle/disco/shimmer dust the livin' daylights out of it.

make it "bling"eriffic!!

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 7

I like all sparkle so I was thinking to brush the whole thing with thinned out piping gel and then use edible glitter flakes , or disco dust...? Doug I will bling the heck out of it thumbs_up.gif

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 7

Great job! Bling it up!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 7

This tiara is great and deserves to be as shiny and sparkly as you can make it! I really love its shape!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 9:33pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

I like all sparkle so I was thinking to brush the whole thing with thinned out piping gel and then use edible glitter flakes , or disco dust...? Doug I will bling the heck out of it thumbs_up.gif

if can work quickly enough, the silver will still be wet enough to let the glitter flakes AND disco dust stick

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%