Need Help With 14" Square Chiffon Cake

Baking By susumeow Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 5:43pm by susumeow

susumeow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susumeow Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 4

i never had problem with 10" square chiffon cake.
i need to do this 14" square chiffon cake. and got the flower nail tip from this site. ( which works perfectly. thank you)
But when i want to invert the pan to cool. the cake fell off the pan in about 10 min. The sides are still stuck to the pan. So it's sort of a disaster.
Anyone has any idea how to fix the problem? I really need this ASAP.

thanks,
su

3 replies
KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 4

My chiffon cake layers bake level with or a bit higher than the pan then I invert them over a wire rack to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Then I flip the cake and rack so that the cake is right-side-up with the rack on top of it (the rack is now upside down on top of the cake). I run a thin bladed knife around the cake between the sides of the cake and the pan and then invert the cake and the rack again so that the cake is back upside-down on the rack. I peel off and then replace the parchment at bottom (now top) of the cake and then use another rack to flip the cake right side up until it finishes cooling.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 4

Oh, do you mean help fixing the "broken" cake? If it's still usable but with ragged sides, I'd just use the broken pieces or extra cake from another batch to make spackle (Cake crumbs mixed with frosting till it's the consistency of peanut butter). Apply it to a well chilled cake t seal ragged sides and fill-in missing chunks. Chill well before frosting.

susumeow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susumeow Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 4

thanks! i meant to fix the baking problem.
but the cake crumbs is a great tip!
because i have 3 " deep pan, i have a hard time get it higher than the pan. i will try to figure out some lifting device to have the wire rack inside the pan (upside down).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%