How Often Do You Work On Sundays?

Business By Motta Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 1:44am by Mindy1975

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:21am
post #31 of 34

I prefer not to do cake on Sunday, I will. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes is does happen.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:30am
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

As a business owner, we pretty much keep a 24/7 schedule. I know first hand that it's hard to do but we really have to schedule some me-time for ourselves. My shop was closed on Sun and Mon. Granted I was usually in there on Monday, but if I really wanted some me-time, I knew I could stay in bed on Monday. And some Sunday's I'd go in and do some cleaning, especially if I'd had a big catering job (or two!) that Saturday.

One of my favorite stories about people who are used to living in a 24/7 world, and why we need to be firm on protecting our me-time. I asked them what time on Sat they wanted to pick up the shower cake:

Them: Oh the shower's not until Sunday.
Me: I'm not open on Sunday, so what time on Saturday?
Them: Well, we were really wanting to pick it up on Sunday.
Me: I'm not open on Sunday, so what time on Saturday?
Them: Will it be ok just sitting on the counter?
Me: Your counter .... my counter .... makes no difference to the cake. What time on Saturday?

OT, but just wanted to say that when I grow up I want to be just like IndyDebi

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:39am
post #33 of 34

Sunday is church day. I attend early service then during second service, I teach my 4/5 year olds - I just LOVE those little guys. By the time I get home, it's 1:00, pick up hubby (who leaves after 1st service), then we go eat. Then, we have 'us' time. Go by the bookstore, catch a movie, come home and laze around on the couch. But, usually by evening, I'm feeling the need to at least get new inspiration.

Mindy1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mindy1975 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:44am
post #34 of 34

I also wanted to add that usually by SUnday, I need to have a break. Especially if I have had a huge wedding or whatever. Usually by Saturday night, I swear up and down that I hate doing cakes, and I am at my wits end, etc......and then after I get that Sunday to myself and my family, then I am good to go again by Monday and all is right with the world. lol It's so weird, but it's true. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%