What Happens When???

Baking By jovigirl Updated 22 Jun 2012 , 4:48pm by Denise1988

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:50pm
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Peanut butter Lindt truffles are soooooooooo sinfully good....

Oh yah, the white chocolate and PB are in the running for the best candy of all time. I will wholeheartedly agree with you there. The PB filling is so smooth, words don't do it justice. Oh... this is bad. icon_lol.gif

I'm sure you could melt truffles into the batter, kind of like you would with chocolate. There is a little difference between them and straight chocolate, but nothing that you wouldn't put in there anyway. I say go for it! Of course, it seems a terrible waste of the truffles. Those things are so good straight, you'd be hard pressed to wrestle them away from me!

Ganache will not get hard like the kisses because it's not straight chocolate. It's been mixed with heavy cream so it won't ever get completely hard again. I would say if you do it though, make a high ratio of chocolate to cream. In other words, I'd really just put some chocolate in a double boiler and add a little cream. Maybe 2 parts chocolate to 1 part cream? You know how I make ganache, there is absolutely NO science to my measuring... I bring a bowl of cream to a near boil, then pour it into the chocolate until the chocolate is just covered. So I have no clue, but my normal ration might be 2:1 in favor of the chocolate. I suppose I should measure that some day. icon_rolleyes.gif

The MM idea with the chocolate sounds like a definite need for experimenting! I don't know how that would turn out, but I am ALL FOR finding out!! Whoever does it first, let everyone else know! Hehe.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 4:43am
post #32 of 43

I put the snack size snickers candy bar in the middle of my peanut butter chocolate chip cookie and the consistency stays wonderful at room temperature. They stay in their original condition. I haven't tried them in cupcakes, but the baking time is only a little longer. I start with them cold.

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:03am
post #33 of 43

Oh my goodness! I LOVE you alll! I totally just want to go into the kitchen and start experimentingicon_smile.gif My friend was just talking to me about doing a marshmallow cupcake some howicon_smile.gif Yum!!! And I have never tried Lindt truffles, but I think I will be getting some tomorrowicon_smile.gif LOL!!

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:25am
post #34 of 43

I've recently been making chocolate cupcake with a marshmallow creme filling using a recipe from here, filling after baking, but I haven't tried putting the filling in pre-baking, or using a marshmallow. Could be good. icon_smile.gif

kricket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kricket Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:29am
post #35 of 43

[Hershey's kisses--while they are real chocolate--also have other additives to help them hold their shape even when they get warm/hot and re-cool, although even then they won't complete reset perfectly.]

Oh, I don't know about that. I boycotted Hershey's long ago--I don't know what's in their chocolate bars, but I wouldn't call it chocolate.
[/quote]

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:55am
post #36 of 43

ive tried marshmellows before.. was abit of disaster.. the matshies got so hot and melted and ended up bubbling to the top and destroying the cupcakes.. lol. i think it will take a bit of experimenting to get right.

now 9im curious as to this ganache truffle idea.. would you put the ganche in before you bake? or after?

Melvira Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 1:31pm
post #37 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

I put the snack size snickers candy bar in the middle of my peanut butter chocolate chip cookie and the consistency stays wonderful at room temperature. They stay in their original condition. I haven't tried them in cupcakes, but the baking time is only a little longer. I start with them cold.

Oh yah, my favorite is a rolo inside a cookie! It flattens out pretty well, but then there is this delish caramel center. YUM!! Guess who wants to make cookies today, now?! icon_lol.gif

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 6:19pm
post #38 of 43

I ended up make ice cream sandwiches & forgot about this thread I started icon_eek.gif Wow Truffles & marshmellow OMG how dangerous does that sound, I can see my hips growing just thinking about it!!! I'm not very culinary smart for trying & adjusting recipes.. So hoping someone will try this experiment soon & let use know thumbs_up.gif I've made a chocolate cake before & added marshmellows on top once it was baked & put it bake in the oven to roast the marshmellow & my kids went absoulutely bonkers over it, i will try & post the recipe...

Thanks Melvira for all your help!! You're a ROCKSTAR!!!!

Melvira Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 6:25pm
post #39 of 43

Meh, I'm more of a 'locally successful band'. Kind of a wedding singer. icon_lol.gif

Denise1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise1988 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 4:45pm
post #40 of 43

I use this stuff called "marshmallow fluff" and quite often put that in my choccie cupcakes..... that's pretty much the same as marshmallows just a little bit stickier. I usually bake my cupcakes and then fill with this but I know of people who've used it in choccie brownie recipes and just mixed it in-it makes the centre of brownies all chewy and lush!
xXx

Denise1988 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 4:46pm
post #41 of 43

I use this stuff called "marshmallow fluff" and quite often put that in my choccie cupcakes..... that's pretty much the same as marshmallows just a little bit stickier. I usually bake my cupcakes and then fill with this but I know of people who've used it in choccie brownie recipes and just mixed it in-it makes the centre of brownies all chewy and lush!
xXx

Denise1988 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 4:47pm
post #42 of 43

xXx

Denise1988 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 4:48pm
post #43 of 43

xXx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%