Wristwatch Cake?

Decorating By Dreme Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 2:33pm by solascakes

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 11

I need to design a cake much like this one for a groom's cake. Not quite sure on the serving amounts for this cake yet, (haven't been told yet, the guy just said he wanted this as a grooms cake). I can figure out the pan sizes I need to bake when I get the servings, just need to know what shapes I should start with.

TIA
LL

10 replies
mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 11

I think I would make a nice thick square, cut corners and round down the sides. If you have a mini loaf pan I think 1 of those cut from top to bottom would make a nice "band" for the top and bottom, it looks like the face is just very thick fondant.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 11

diagram shows shape cut from an 11x18 (to scale)

to get the height would be TWO 11x18s, stacked (torted too if so desire) and the also carved to get profile of cake.
LL

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 11:48pm
post #4 of 11

I just saw one that Ron Ben Israel made...here are his pics. May help. Blew me away, amazing.
LL
LL
LL

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:10am
post #5 of 11

Okay, Doug, did you just draw that off the top of your head, did you have it tucked away somewhere, or what? I am amazed, awed and blown away by your genius!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:24am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna46

Okay, Doug, did you just draw that off the top of your head, did you have it tucked away somewhere, or what? I am amazed, awed and blown away by your genius!

custom made just now.

I'm an inveterate (reprobate?) doodler!

can you tell that until I met a thing called calculus I wanted to be an architect!?

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:42am
post #7 of 11

Doug...you rock! thumbs_up.gif

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:52am
post #8 of 11

*shuddering* Ugghhh the dreaded "C" word

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 4:19am
post #9 of 11

Doug, your simply amazing! Thank you for always always helping everyone out icon_smile.gif

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 4:29am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

diagram shows shape cut from an 11x18 (to scale)

to get the height would be TWO 11x18s, stacked (torted too if so desire) and the also carved to get profile of cake.

*Tear* I think...I think I love you! Thank you so much! Thats twice today you have helped me. (Just found your wedding cake and delivery contracts in another post). Working on revising mine now. You are so awesome!

tinygoose thank you for the pics. I hope someday to be as good as Ron. I love his cakes.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I know what to do now.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 2:33pm
post #11 of 11

So glad i found this thread,doing a wristwatch cake in a few weeks and have no clue.Thanks all that contributed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%