Displaying Cake Balls At Farmer's Markets????

Business By chatnoir5638 Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 1:09am by MariaK38

chatnoir5638 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chatnoir5638 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 7

Hello!

I want to display my cake balls at my local farmer's market...how can I display them to put their best faces forward so-to-speak? Anyone do this and how do you do it?? Thanks!

Jodi

6 replies
kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 7

On a stick? Like cake pops, and covered with a cellophane wrap.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 7

I put mine in mini cupcake wrappers-the white liner with the silver holder thingy on the outside. I then place each one in a small bag and stapled it shut. When I sold one I would have the customer the ingredient list.

The bag (covering) and ingredient list are required for the cottage industry in my state.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 7

I have the wrapped in different foils depending on flavor. And just hand the customer the ingrediant list as well icon_smile.gif

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 7

I was thinking "display rack" rather than packaging. Is that what you asked?

Any 2 by4 ($2-3), in any base (X wood shape, sand pot, etc). Drill holes at a angle, measuring to be equal distance apart, and paint it a bright color. Pops stick in, and display can be full. Customers can take from display, or ask for flavors...

Wrapping and packaging ides cute as posted here above... icon_biggrin.gif

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 7

oh if that was what you are asking, I dont display mine, I keep them in a mini fridge. And i have samples displayed and i keep one full size out to show

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:09am
post #7 of 7

I was wondering about this, too. I hadn't thought to hand people the ingredients sheet instead of having to have everything packaged up and labeled beforehand. This will let people pick what they want, and they can have a variety if they'd like in one package.
Thanks for the tip!

Maria

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%