Fondant Help

Decorating By graciesj Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 6:13pm by graciesj

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:38am
post #1 of 6

I've been making cakes for my kids for 5 years now. I'm only getter better at this. I've ventured out side my comfort zone and decided to do a wedding shower cake for my friends fiance. I'll post pic this week, but in the mean time I have a question on how thick to roll out the fondant? I've read between 1/8" thick is appropriate. We ate my trail cake today and it was delish and I loved how thin the fondant was. One thing I cannot stand is a very thick fondant. Not only is it expensive but no-one I know enjoys eating a thick piece of fondant. I also found it not so smooth, now was it because it was thin? pl help icon_biggrin.gif thx grazia

5 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:07am
post #2 of 6

What kind of fondant are you using? If you use Fondarific or Chocopan you can roll it thinner than other brands.

graciesj Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 6

I use MMF. I've always used MMF because I love the taste of it. Now I've heard that the fondant that Cake boss uses is just as good to work with but as tasty, does anyone know this to be true?xothx

graciesj Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 6

[quote="graciesj"]I use MMF. I've always used MMF because I love the taste of it. Now I've heard that the fondant that uses is just as good to work with but not as tasty, does anyone know this to be true?xothx[/quote]

graciesj Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 6

[quote="sweettreat101"]What kind of fondant are you using? If you use Fondarific or Chocopan you can roll it thinner than other brands.[/quote]

I use MMF!icon_smile.gif

graciesj Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 6

[quote="graciesj"][quote="sweettreat101"]What kind of fondant are you using? If you use Fondarific or Chocopan you can roll it thinner than other brands.[/quote]

I use MMF!icon_smile.gif[/quote]

I'm trying to get a hold of my suppler so that I can tell u which one they buy.xo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%