IndydebiS Buttercream

Baking By valcomer Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 5:12am by mamawrobin

valcomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valcomer Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 6

do you use the crisco with the no trans fats in it....can you use an off brand like gv or high ratio shortening?...thanks guys!!

5 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 6

I use crisco. The "no trans fat" isn't an issue with her recipe. Oddly the "trans fat free" crisco doesn't affect her recipe like some of the others. I remember her saying on an older thread that when everyone started complaining about them removing the trans fat she was surprised because it didn't change anything about her icing.

Just want to add that I beat my crisco for at least 15-20 minutes BEFORE adding any other ingredients. It looks like sour cream by the time I'm finished "pulverizing" it. icon_lol.gif This makes a creamier icing doing it this way.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 4:08am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Just want to add that I beat my crisco for at least 15-20 minutes BEFORE adding any other ingredients. It looks like sour cream by the time I'm finished "pulverizing" it. icon_lol.gif This makes a creamier icing doing it this way.

Do you use the flat blade or the whipping blade?

mamawrobin Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 5:06am
post #4 of 6

I don't have a KA. I have a "cheapo" Sunbeam icon_lol.gif I use the beaters of course.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 5:09am
post #5 of 6
Quote:

I don't have a KA. I have a "cheapo" Sunbeam icon_lol.gif I use the beaters of course.

Thanks a lot for sharing your tip by the way...will definitely try your method.

mamawrobin Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 5:12am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Quote:

Thanks a lot for sharing your tip by the way...will definitely try your method.

You're welcome thumbs_up.gif It certainly does make a creamier icing and it smooths so beautifully. Rylan, when are we going to see the next cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%