I Threw A Tantrum & My Cakes~

Decorating By Angelfire3 Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 4:58pm by rkei

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 10:53pm
post #31 of 35

buy some satin ice fondant and give that a try. It will definately make you enjoy working with it much more. I hate mmf.

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:07pm
post #32 of 35

Hello Artese,
I have had lots of problems when i first started making my own MMF i kept searching the web for the right info i was looking for and their are lots of you tube videos, I finally found the video that was easy to understand and make a really good MMF. here is the video that helped me out. and so I hope it will help you out as well....Don't give up.... I have been their. There are time that I have learned that when i notice that i'm getting very frustrated that i just want to bash the cake i have learned to walk away and take a brake, I eat a snack or watch some TV. then come back with a clear mind.

http://www.thetwistedsifter.com/video-makingfondant.php

Shaddi

Pinkest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pinkest Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:35pm
post #33 of 35

I don't make my own mmf, lukcily our fondant here in Aus takes OK, so we don't really need to (I understand most of the US stuff takes rather blech)... but, oh boy, I understand where you are coming from!

I remember this one time I have some cupcakes to do for a store catalogue, and the deco just wasn't going right - I couldn't get this particular cake to look "right", and I was getting more and more p'od by the second, until bam! I just crushed that little sucker in my palm and threw it across the kitchen!

Felt great for a second or two, until I realised that I didn't have any extras! So my little tantrum cost me about another 3 hours work in rebaking for ONE lousy cupcake!!!! (Not to mention the cleaning oft the cupcake splatter from random spots around the kitchen! - SO glad you're much larger cake didn't splatter the way you wanted to, just for the cleaning up alone!!)

Lesson well learned! Now, if things aren't going right, I just walk away.

I know you wanted this cake to be right for your husband - and I'm sure next time, you'll ace it.

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:54pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

For a cake that tall, I'd also use stronger dowels than the little toothpick-thin shish-kabob things. I honestly wouldn't trust those to stack 2 cupcakes together.

I have to agree. Dowels are thicker than skewers. I understand you believe me. I like making MMF, but I would stick with MM, not fluff.

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 4:58pm
post #35 of 35

Ouch sorry! This sounds like me! I've always got this so called "GREAT!!!" idea in mind, and I end up making a really crappy cake. I can't get it into my mind that less is more. All my cakes end up like, More is Bleh. Sorry this happened!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%