How Much Would You Charge For...?

Business By CrumblesConfections Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 6:18pm by CrumblesConfections

CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 2:34am
post #1 of 5

I want to know how much you guys charge for specialty icing? I've been experimenting with different icings and I've come up with some really good flavors and I have been making cupcakes for friends' parties and the people just love it but I don't know what to charge. Please help. For instance, do you charge by the types of ingredients, the amount of icing, etc. I'm lost.

4 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 2:40am
post #2 of 5

I charge an extra .25 cents per serving or per cupcake for specialty fillings and/or icings. So a cupcake with filling and specialty icing would be a .50 cent upcharge each.

CrumblesConfections Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Jaime. That helps a lot!

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 12:09pm
post #4 of 5

Figure out how much it costs to make per cup. Then average how many cups you use per cake. How does it compare (cost wise) to your regular icing? Is it 50 cents more per serving? A dollar?

CrumblesConfections Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicuppie

Figure out how much it costs to make per cup. Then average how many cups you use per cake. How does it compare (cost wise) to your regular icing? Is it 50 cents more per serving? A dollar?

Thanks mini!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%