I'm In Trouble

Decorating By mindywith3boys Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 4:01am by mindywith3boys

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 8:28pm
post #31 of 40

Go piccolo - Box-wrap tightly-freeze -thaw- unwrap. Don't deviate. No problems. Relax. Now you are done way ahead of time and can relax.

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 8:49pm
post #32 of 40

Thank you guys so much! You're all so great! Where else can you come and ask a question from people who know just what you're going through? I did box it up and I wrapped the whole thing in cling wrap too. I'm going to hope I don't have to make too many repairs. Does anyone know how long it takes to come back to room temp and dry out?

I just make my own MMF. It's just a big bag of mini marshmallows 2 TBS of water and a 2 lb bag of PS. I don't even sift the sugar. I throw the MM in the microwave for thirty second and stir, then thirty more and stir and then about 20 more. I dump the whole thing of PS in my KA with the dough hook and then pour in the MMs. it's soooo easy. It's best if you let it cool completely before working with it. Also, this cake was so big, in order to transfer it in one piece, I taped 2 mats together and then flipped it onto the cake and peeled it off. So, the cake actually showed the underside of the MMF, which I don't prefer. But, I think it came out okay, for an ingot cake ; )

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 9:11pm
post #33 of 40

If possible, I would take it from the freezer Monday afternoon to the fridge...Tuesday afternoon, remove from fridge to countertop 'til Wednesday morning. Change out boxes and send DH and cake on their way.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 9:20pm
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I'd take it to her(CEO) for HER to store it. I wouldn't put it in the fridge for 4 or 5 days.

free cake that she changed the date for...

LOVE this option! It's free, but if it tastes bad or something goes wrong, it's up to her if she serves it or not and leaves the burden of explaining what happened on HER. It's free anyway, so why should you store it in your home? If she's not pleased with it by Wednesday, she will be ordering one from somewhere else and paying for it.

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 9:24pm
post #35 of 40

I agree with Picolo send hubby to the store or tell him this is gonna cost him BIG TIME.
Let's see it should be worth at least, a shopping trip to the mall for ohh, a new Michael Khors purse, then a new outfit, a mani-pedi and a massage you will need after you remake this cake.

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 10:15pm
post #36 of 40

Thanks for sharing. I use the same recipe and sometimes it comes out great and some times it doesn't, but I am still learning.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 11:09pm
post #37 of 40

Win has obviously been in my house the few times I've let a frozen cake thaw. LOL

Crossing my fingers that this works for you, OP!

Rosey1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosey1120 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 11:09am
post #38 of 40

Last summer I froze fondant covered mini cakes in aluminum tins. When I took them out of the freezer I removed the covers and did not touch them until the condensation was gone. A/C helped to minimize the condensation. Worked out fine.

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 4:31am
post #39 of 40

I don't know if it's been said but DO NOT make this cake again, seriously! It will not be appreciated at all. Your time is better spent!

I would do as a pp suggested and box it, wrap it and go from there. It'll be fine. Most cakes in stores, etc are days old. Plus, you have fondant on it which helps to keep cakes fresh so you could even just leave it out provided it's not warm in your home. I would box it to keep 'stuff' away from it.

BTW...it's an awesome cake, you did a great job! I'm pretty lucky that my hubby sells my stuff to his boss/friends...even if it is at a discount.

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 4:01am
post #40 of 40

Well, I uncovered the cake this evening, after letting it sweat all day in its box in an air conditioned room. It looked perfect! Thank you all so much for your help! Now, we'll see tomorrow how it tastes...

Thanks again! ~Mindy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%