Not Sure If This Goes Here, But Can I Freeze Mmf

Baking By kermitncupcake Updated 20 Jun 2010 , 7:47pm by Marianna46

kermitncupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kermitncupcake Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 10:01am
post #1 of 2

Hi all,
Im just wondering if its possible to freeze MMF? I used Rhondas Ultimate recipe, but Iveonly got one 10inch cake to cover, so I think Ive got about double what I actually need!

On a side note, I love love loved this recipe! I made it without taking it out of the bowl, so no crisco all over the place (thanks to tips from linedancer). It was sooooo easy! I havent rolled it yet, so Im hoping that bit goes as smoothly (ha ha)

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 2

Yes, you can freeze MMF, or any other fondant. But it lasts forever with no refrigeration (I've had it out for a couple of months, tightly wrapped in a couple of layers of plastic, and I live in the tropics!). So if you're going to use it in the next six to eight weeks, don't bother to freeze it. If you decide that you do need to freeze it, it will last for at least six months. Just make sure you let it thaw completely before you unwrap it, to keep any condensation from watering it down. I've read on here several times that what you don't want to do in the short term is to refrigerate it. I don't remember why that is, but it's really not necessary, anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%