When To Use Non Crusting Bc?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 6:53pm by Pickulz

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 7:18am
post #1 of 3

SO I typically use Indydebi's crusting BC and I LOVE it...
Recently I made Sesame street cupcakes and I used the same crusitng BC..and I thought they looked super cute...however as the icing crusted i thought the 'fur' on the faces started to break off...I think since i had used the grass tip to make the fur and it was a crusting BC ..some of it started shedding...does that make sense...ofcourse it was only a little...but i had to be veryyy careful...

Do you think I should have used a non crusting BC in this instance? Or done something differently?

When do you all use non crusting BC?

I have recently relocated and live in a HUMID HUMID place!!!

Is there any non crusting BC recipe you can suggest?
Thanks!!!

2 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 3

I use her recipe for everything. If I'm doing something like your cupcakes I just add a little more milk to the icing which gives you a softer icing. (less crusting) If I need for it to be stiffer (bc roses, etc) I add powdered sugar (more crusting).

No need for a non-crusting recipe you just adjust the one you have thumbs_up.gif

It is very HUMID where I live as well. That's one reason I always use her recipe. It holds up very well under these conditions.

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks a lot mamawrobin!! I really do like indydebi's BC...so didnt want to try anything different anyway! haha...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%