Adult Western Theme Cake Idea

Decorating By cdent Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 11:26pm by CindysCustomizedCakes

cdent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdent Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:46am
post #1 of 8

Hey guys,

I need a cake that will feed about 50 people for a multi-adult birthday party that's western themed. I looked in the gallery but there seems to be a fine line between an adult looking western cake and a 3 year old birthday western cake (of course, I mean absolutly NO offense to the cakes in the gallery!!) and I was wondering if you guys could give me some fresh ideas?

Thanks for any help you can give!!

7 replies
HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:12am
post #2 of 8

Have this in my "gonna make some day" file. I found it at www.edithmeyer.com, suppose to be a wedding cake, but thought it was a good idea to start with and could be modified/personalized for other occassions.
LL

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 8

3D cowboy boot?

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 8

Is this a cake for a men and women? Here's one to get inspired by. Change the color of the cake to beige/taupe/tan family; eliminate the funky tappits and add more horeshoes around the sides; Pink rope bordes, brown and pink gum/fon cowgirl hat on side of bottom tier; boot color in brown and cake color.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1638543.html

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 8
cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 8

How about this one: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1644821

She posted it was for a child's birthday, but I think is has an adult style to it.

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:37pm
post #7 of 8

You could get a more "elegant" (wedding-ish) look with a color palatte of tans, creams and browns. Rope borders are nice, and what about a wooden-textured look to one of the tiers? You could do another tier that looked like hand-tooled leather/cowboy boot effect. Maybe one tier could have a "branded" look (darker designs imprinted on the background)?

To me, things that have a "cartoonish" effect (such as some cowhide designs) seem more child-like. But if the party is more of a family-style "hootenanny" in a barn, the cartoon stuff should go over just fine.

CindysCustomizedCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindysCustomizedCakes Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 11:26pm
post #8 of 8

I would use leather tooling patterns for design inspiration and maybe incorporate a belt with a big silver belt buckle. Other western items could be barbed wire, spurs, the hat of course.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%