Edible Ink Transfers On Ri

Decorating By Angelgirl Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 2:22am by Angelgirl

Angelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelgirl Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 4

I just recently purchased an edible ink printer and have been experimenting with it. I have a friend who has asked me to make cookies for her wedding favors with the printer. I've practiced with different designs on cookies, all using Royal Icing so that it wouldn't stick once we wrapped the cookies up. However, each batch I've tried, 1/2 the ink transfers are sticking to the wrappers and peeling off! Does anyone have any suggestions for me? The favors look really cool but I don't want them peeling apart at the reception!

Thanks!
Becky

3 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 4

Alot depends on your humidity level. But if you thin out your royal icing more, it will dry faster. Be sure that image is smoothed out all around so that it has the royal icing touching the entire bottom of the image so that it sticks. THe icing is essentially the glue, so it wont stick where there is no glue.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 4

I use glaze on my cookies along with EIs and they work perfectly.

Angelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelgirl Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:22am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Alot depends on your humidity level. But if you thin out your royal icing more, it will dry faster. Be sure that image is smoothed out all around so that it has the royal icing touching the entire bottom of the image so that it sticks. THe icing is essentially the glue, so it wont stick where there is no glue.

Thanks for your input! I did another batch and made sure they were all nice and smooth and let them dry for even longer and I think these are the winners! Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%