How Could I Possibly...

Decorating By Sugarmags Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 2:50am by JCE62108

Sugarmags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarmags Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone. I am new. But this is the site I go for all my cake ideas and such. I was just asked to make a wedding cake for 100 people, now get this, a mason jar full of pickles! I have NO idea how to go about that one. I could probably figure out the jar but to put pickles on it?? Any help would be much appreciatedicon_smile.gif

5 replies
cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry, I can't help you but ............
WELCOME TO CC!!!! icon_smile.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 6

WHAAAAAAAAAAT???????? That's really bizarre - LOL! Do they want the cake carved in the shape of a jar of pickles or do they want an actual jar of pickles incorporated into the design?

I'd love to know what you eventually come up with on that one...that's a doozy!

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 6

Welcome!
How about an open jar on top of a tiered cake? You could lay it on it's side and have pickles spilled out from the jar and maybe some pickles on the top of the bottom tier. Maybe you could do a creative label on the jar with the bride and groom's names and date I would suggest pickles made out of fondant or modeling chocolate. Good Luck!

Sugarmags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarmags Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 1:31am
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone. I really don't know for sure how they want it exactly. I said I would need a picture or something but I haven't heard back. Guess I won't be making it! So that is good. I think I will be coming on here more not just to look at cake pics. You guys are all so helpful!!

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 2:50am
post #6 of 6

LOL! A giant jar of pickles. Totally awesome. I have a friend that I could see getting a giant jar of banana peppers for a wedding cake. How freaked out would the guests be? Man. I dropped the ball when I asked for a white cake with daisies for my wedding. I could have had a jar of PICKLES!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%