Indididebi Buttercream Question Asap.

Baking By bostonterrierlady Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 4:16pm by honeyscakes

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:19am
post #61 of 65

Every time I read that someone walks away from their mixer, I have flash backs to a few years ago when I did that...let me just say the mixer decided to "hop" right off the counter and smash into the floor. Yep...it does happen. The good news is that I got a brand new Kitchenaid as a result icon_smile.gif

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:50am
post #62 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy619

Every time I read that someone walks away from their mixer, I have flash backs to a few years ago when I did that...let me just say the mixer decided to "hop" right off the counter and smash into the floor. Yep...it does happen. The good news is that I got a brand new Kitchenaid as a result icon_smile.gif

How did the floor make out?
icon_smile.gif

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:55am
post #63 of 65

Luckily the floor was vinyl so it took the impact pretty well. Had it been tile or wood...one could only imagine...but based on the way the mixer "bounced" on impact, I would say the mixer wouldn't have been the only thing that needed to be replaced.

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 3:42pm
post #64 of 65

That's hilarious. icon_lol.gif Probably not so funny at the time though. I was always afraid of that with my old mixer b/c it would "walk". My new KA stays still and does its job thumbs_up.gif .

WASAC was better after letting it fully cool and "air out". Still a bit sticky but I colored the batter and think it may be a titch overmixed creating gluten from the flour. icon_rolleyes.gif

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 4:16pm
post #65 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

mamawrobin, you guys dont' need me .... you got it covered very well! thumbs_up.gif

Crusting is a ratio of sugar to fat. If you increase the fat, you have less crusting. Here's how I remember: Fat is slippery .... adding more fat will make slippery icing ... slippery icing will slide off of the cake, especially in heat. Which is exactly the problem I always see when people use 1:1 fat/sugar ratios.

With this icing, I can even add more milk to make it thinner (like for crumb coating) and it will STILL crust fine because I haven't changed the fat/sugar ratio.

Mamawrobin ... keep up the good work!

DEBI!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME! thumbs_up.gif THANKS FOR THAT AWESOME BUTTERCREAM!!!!
Mamawrobin...she is hands down AWESOME!!!! she REALLY got your recipe and method down icon_smile.gif
The sugar/Fat ratio information is something you taught me while replying to one of my emails...I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE TO THE GRAVE WITH ME!!!! A priceless lesson I learnt and I will share it with anyone who needs help!!! you gals are angels in disguise!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_lol.gif
-h

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%