Store Bought Fondant

Decorating By laura4795 Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 2:18am by Marianna46

laura4795 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laura4795 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 4

I just received an order with 2lbs of fondarific fondant in it. I'm dying to open it up to play with it and taste it. However, the cake I'm planning on making with it isn't due for another 10 days.

How long does this type of fondant last once it has been opened?

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 4

Basically forever, as long as you wrap what's left over back up tightly to keep it from drying out. By forever, of course, I mean about six months, which is plenty long enough for you to play with it to your heart's content before you have to use it on your cake.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 4

Keep it all wrapped up and away from the air. I'm told it has a shelf life of about 6 months. I've had one opened for > a month, and it's still wonderful. Just keep it as airtight as possible. You will LOVE the taste of it. Which color/flavor did you get?

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 2:18am
post #4 of 4

Just one thing, though. Two pounds of fondant isn't all that much, especially if you're going to be covering a cake with it. Just don't be too free with it, or you might have to buy some more. Either that, or play with it all you like and buy some more for the cake! That's what I'd do, but then I LOVE making things with fondant, and I buy it by the 10-lb. bucket (FondX).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%