Whatd I Do Wrong??

Decorating By Ashley0415 Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 7:52pm by LisaMarie86

Ashley0415 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashley0415 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 7

I am making toy story themed cupcakes and got these cute decorative liners. I made chocolate cupcakes, baked, cooled, and went to frost them.. only to see that the liner has been completely discolored!! I think the waxes or whatever is on the liner burns.. should I have put an aluminum liner in between the cake and the decorative liner?

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 7

If they are a light color liner the chocolate cake will show through some too.

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 7

Its the grease from the cupcakes that causes some liners to discolor. You can put another liner on them now so that you can see the design but thats about all you can do. You didnt do anything wrong its just the liner. Some bake up and still look really pretty but most do not.

Ashley0415 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashley0415 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 7

so do you think if I double layered them it would help? like aluminum and then decorative? I can try and remake them in white.. but considering its grease.. I dont know if thatll make a difference

LisaMarie86 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 7

I would just bake them in plain white cups and put the decorative ones on after. It might be the heat too.

tootsle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsle Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:40pm
post #6 of 7

Would it help to bake them without the liner, let them cool and then slip the liner on? I know I find this problem frustrating.

LisaMarie86 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:52pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsle

Would it help to bake them without the liner, let them cool and then slip the liner on? I know I find this problem frustrating.

Id bake them with a plain liner so I wouldnt have to worry about greasing the pan and such.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%