Buttercream From Miss Muff'n

Baking By Didiqo Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 11:57pm by dahir

Didiqo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Didiqo Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:26am
post #1 of 4

I saw this show from TLC about the top ten bakeries and Miss Muff'n bakeshop was featured. Most of her cakes are frosted with buttercream that she added cream, butter, and confectioners sugar on it. It looks like a crusting buttercream and it looks like a fondant as a result. Can anyone share a good recipe of buttercream with a cream on it.?

3 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 4

Look up and to the left on this page. See the recipe tab? Click on that and scroll down. Thousands of recipes ! Click on the frosting thread. If you don't find what you need, the liquid in almost all "American" buttercream recipes can be substituted with cream with good results. To make BC look like fondant... start with a perfectly trimmed and leveled cake. Smooth the BC perfectly. Let crust and then use a soft brush that is shaped like a fan and smooth with that.

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 4

There are tons of recipes in the recipe section here. Just have a look in there and read the reviews. That should help a lot.

As far as the smoothness goes I use hot spatula, dense roller or Viva papertowel method. They all work great.

dahir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dahir Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 4

I know the episode you are talking about. They did point out the icing. I would like to know what recipe that was also. If you here let me know. I kinda seem to think I remember them saying it was just basic butter ( no shortning) PS, cream and vanilla. Does that sound familiar? Trying to remember but can't. Maybe I can google the bakery name.

Hope you find the answer,
Tracy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%