Need Idea - Tier Separator

Decorating By jen71 Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 2:39am by crazyladybaker

jen71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen71 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing my first wedding cake next week (excited icon_lol.gif ) and I finally met with the bride today (friend of a friend). Anyway I knew her theme (celestrial) and came up with a sketch which she loved, but wanted to modify a little.

It is a 3 tier (12, 10, icon_cool.gif cake with one tier including suns, the next one moons, and the top stars. The cake is all white buttercream with fondant accents (suns done in a soft yellow and the moon/stars in white/silver). I originally had them stacked, but she would like the top tiers (10 & icon_cool.gif stacked and a separator between them and the bottom (12). In other words the sun tier is separated from the moon/stars tiers.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a separator? She left it up to me, but I can't decide what would best go with the theme... pillars, filled pillars, globes, ???? Just not sure. HELP! icon_cry.gif

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jennifer

6 replies
lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 7

I for one like to use different orginial things for seperators. I got tired of the pillared look. Very out of fashion, especially with all the new trendy cake art out here. I like to go to the craft stores and look in the iron rod sections, or the candle stand sections. Sometimes you can find stars or many other interesting things , that make your cake stand out with the design. Good luck icon_wink.gif

jen71 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 7

Just noticed my 8 came out weird. Sorry about that. You can probably tell I meant 12, 10, 8 sized tiers.

Jennifer

jen71 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 7

Shows I'm having a brain freeze day, I didn't even think about something different than the standard "wedding" stuff. I like the funky stuff and so does the bride. Thanks for getting me to think "outside the box".

Jennifer

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 7

how about a globe that looks like it's dotted with deep space type stars?

jen71 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:24am
post #6 of 7

Thanks a bunch for the ideas. I really appreciate them.

Jennifer

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:39am
post #7 of 7

I agree about going to craft store and just looking around for ideas. I could spend hours in Hobby Lobby just staring at things thinking of how I could use them with cakes icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%