What Tins Does Anyone Recommend For A Car Cake?

Decorating By boochick Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 10:25pm by MissDanaRae

boochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boochick Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 4

I have to make a replica of a citreon saxo car and would really apprieciate any advice on how to achieve a good car. Especially which tins to bake the cake (i know some carving will have to be done too) i am at a loss at how big this should be, the cake is only for about 25 people.

3 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 4

I start with a square and stack it up from there. For instance, an 8 inch square, cut in half and stacked, makes a 4x8 rectangle for me to carve the piece out of. Now if you need it 5x10 or 6x12 you would use the 10 inch square or the 12 inch square, cut them in half and stack to make the 5x10 or 6x12. To feed 25 people 1x2x4 inch pieces you would need to make the 6x12 and carve as little as possible. Still..a 1x2x4 inch slice is a sustantial piece of cake so if some of the pieces are smaller than others you probably won't have any issues. HTH. Cat

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 4

I usually bake a square 14x2, split it so I have TWO 14x7x2" cakes, stack those (torte, whatever you want to do), and then carve down from there.

MissDanaRae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissDanaRae Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 4

I made a lighting mcqueen cake for my nephew a while back and found a tutorial for how to make the car shaped cake. I have no idea what tutorial it was but you basically make a 10 round cake and then cut the sides off as much as you need to achieve the size of the car you want and then you stack the side on top on the cake for the rest of it. I dont know if I am making any sense but goodluck! Im sure you could use a bigger round pan for more servings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%