Does Anyone Know If Wilton Makes A 6" Square Pan That I

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 5:33pm by Kayakado

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 11

"Decorator Preferred?"

I have a Wilton Decorator Preferred 12" square pan and I absolutely love it! The corners come out perfectly! But I need to buy the same thing in 8" and 6"...I've been looking online and have found the 8", and now I'm wondering if they've even made on in a 6"?!

10 replies
q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 11

Sadly, I have been on the same search. From what I have found, no, Wilton doesn't make a 6" Decorator Preferred pan. I am saving my pennies to get two of the Magic Line (I always buy 2 pans of the same size).

HTH,

Toni Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2spunkynbug

"Decorator Preferred?"

I have a Wilton Decorator Preferred 12" square pan and I absolutely love it! The corners come out perfectly! But I need to buy the same thing in 8" and 6"...I've been looking online and have found the 8", and now I'm wondering if they've even made on in a 6"?!

mom2spunkynbug Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 11

Oh man! How stupid of Wilton?!?! icon_cry.gif

Thanks for your help!

jazzimat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jazzimat Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 11

They have regular 6" square pans at Michaels.

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 11

Why not bake it in a 12" pan and cut it into quarters? That's what I do...saves getting another pan.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 11

Not sure what you mean by regular square pans but my guess is they have rounded corners. The Decorator Preferred (and Magic Line) pans have sharp, crisp corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzimat

They have regular 6" square pans at Michaels.

jazzimat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jazzimat Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 11

Yes, they're rounded corners.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 8:03pm
post #8 of 11

I have a full set and 8 inch is as small as it goes...at least that's the smallest I could find in my local stores. However...I almost never ever use them since the sides are not really all that straight and they have the rounded corners. I will use them if I'm making what is basically a square sheet cake but not for tiered cakes. For those I use my magic line pans because they cost about the same and have dead straight sides and sharp corners. Much easier to layer, to stack, and to decorate. Trying to find a 6 inch square is how I discovered the magic line pans to begin with..now I'll never go back. I was fortunate enough this year to get a wedding cake 12/10/8 and "had" to go buy the pans<G> so guess what I got! Yup...the rest of the magic line pans I wanted! LOL! Cat

mom2spunkynbug Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 8:56pm
post #9 of 11

Cat - the Decorator Preferred pans do have completely straight edges at the corners...any other Wilton pans do not.

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 9:26pm
post #10 of 11

I am beginning to feel like an ad for www.fondantsource.com :

Pop for the Magic Line...at www.fondantsource.com they are only a couple dollars more than Wilton. BUT...ML doesn't have a 4" If memory serves me right its 4.5"

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:33pm
post #11 of 11

Lloyd Pans sells square pans from 4" square and up. for under $11 for a 4X4X3 deep pan. These are heavy duty commercial pans. They used to list their customers- I think Paulette Braun and Ron Ben-israel were among those names.

www.lloydpans.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%