Electric Mixers??? Whats Your Fave?..

Decorating By CutiePiesCakes Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 10:29am by ScrumptiousBuns

CutiePiesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePiesCakes Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 4:55am
post #1 of 4

Sooo im starting to do my cakes again and im in a dilemma. I got a hamilton beach stand mixer (which is essentially a hand mixer with a stand to keep it in place but can unattach) but it brok a month after using it when i was mixing a batch of buttercream (not fun since i still had 2 more cakes to make..ugh) I borrowed my fiances mom's hand mixer to do the other 2 batches and her broke too...which was also hamilton beach. Which mixers to you use? I need something thats going to be reliable. ..I wanna stay away from handmixer if i can because stand mixers seem like you have a third arm icon_smile.gif thanksss!!!!

3 replies
MJTKNT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJTKNT Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:51am
post #2 of 4

I just have a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer. I would like to upgrade my own to the KA Professional anyhow. I've loved my Artisan, but I think a Pro would mix my MMF and buttercream with more ease than the Artisan-- which still zips through it, but I can hear it bogging it down a bit. Right now I'm just a hobbyist. If I ever go pro, no...WHEN I go Pro, I'll get a Hobart in .2 seconds. icon_smile.gif

southernswthrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernswthrt Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:23am
post #3 of 4

I had a 4.5 KA (loved it but was too small for making cakes and it struggled with some cookies...I sometimes I had to do two and three batches). So I got rid of it for a 6 Qt KA Professional and I hated it! I didn't like the way the beater attached to the machine - there was no spring like on my smaller version. The bowl didn't sit right on the arms. Maybe I had a defective one???

Anyway, now I have the 7 Qt Cuisinart...well worth the extra money over the KA. I believe Cuisinart makes a 5 QT as well.

ScrumptiousBuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ScrumptiousBuns Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:29am
post #4 of 4

I have the Kenwood Titanium Major... I would highly recommend it... I too was torn between the Kitchen Aid and the Kenwood... I'm so glad I opted for the mixer with the bigger bowl and more attachments... plus a super powerful motor... bit heavy but I never move mine!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%