Cooked Cream Cheese Frosting

Decorating By martinez73 Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 10:45pm by martinez73

martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:31am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone!! I hope someone can help me. A friend asked if I could make a red velvet cake for her but she said that her grandmother used a cooked cream cheese frostng and that she didnt think it even had cream cheese in it. Please help me out with this one I have faith in all of you.

Thanks

6 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:42am
post #2 of 7

Hmmmmm....never heard of a cooked cream cheese icing. Wonder if she did a 7-minute frosting? That was quite popular back in our grandmothers' days.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:42am
post #3 of 7

It doesn't have cream cheese in it. It's the "traditional" red velvet cake icing. It's flour, sugar, butter, vanilla. I have it somewhere. Give me a minute and I'll post it for you. I believe it's in the recipes here on cc. I think it's called "Mary Kay Icing" on here if I remember correctly. I'll pm you my recipe if you'd like.

mamawrobin Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:43am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

Hmmmmm....never heard of a cooked cream cheese icing. Wonder if she did a 7-minute frosting? That was quite popular back in our grandmothers' days.

No it's NOT 7 minute frosting. It's a cooked buttercream.

martinez73 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 7

Oh that would be great if you could find it. I will look on here to see if I can find it.

Thanks again

mamawrobin Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez73

Oh that would be great if you could find it. I will look on here to see if I can find it.

Thanks again

If you need for me to pm you the recipe I will. If I'm not mistaken I believe someone said that it was called Mary Kay Icing in the recipes here on cc. If you can't find it pm me and I'll send you my recipe.

martinez73 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:45pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you....I found the recipe for both.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%