Best Tasting Fondant?

Decorating By crystal_sweeetmom Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 12:27pm by luvbuttercream

crystal_sweeetmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystal_sweeetmom Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 10

I live in a smaller town and no one likes to order cakes with Fondant b/c Wilton fondant doesnt taste good. I've even made MMF and no one seemed to like it. I need a good tasting fondant! I looove making fondant cakes but no one will order them icon_sad.gif

9 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 10

I make my own MMF BUT I add vanilla or almond flavoring to it. And everyone, who previously wouldn't touch fondant, raves about my MMF. So you may want to give that a try.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 10

I make my mmf with white chocolate. It will be a teaching tool. You will never be able to sell everyone on it and when you teach them on the differnces little by little they will come around.

When you find one you like, do tastings and see if that helps

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:08am
post #4 of 10

I make Michele Foster's fondant and in my opinion it's "hands down" the BEST tasting fondant I've ever tasted. 99.9% of the time I make the white chocolate version but it's all very good.

I've made marshmallow fondant several times and I've never had good results with it. I know that it works for some but it just isn't for me. Michele Foster's recipe is a much better quality fondant than mmf and not only does it taste good but it's a dream to work with.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:05am
post #5 of 10

FondX, Pettinice, and Albert Uster Massa Americana are all amazing tasting. I love working with FondX the best. You can order it through fondantsource (dot) com. They even give a 10% discount to CC members. If you are a legitimate business, you can get it much cheaper buying it wholesale through CK Products.

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:20am
post #6 of 10

I also use Michele Foster's recipe. It is fabulous to work with and tastes great!

Unfortunately, you will find that no matter what it tastes like, some people won't like it because of the texture. My husband won't touch the stuff. He just thinks that a cake should be topped with something with a fluffy texture. I make lots of cakes with fondant accents for folks that prefer BC. I also make my kids birthday cakes with fondant. It's the only way I have found, so far, to make cakes into animal sculptures.

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:42am
post #7 of 10

mamawrobin: Just wondering what the recipe is for the white choc. version of Michelle Fosters fondant. Thank you icon_smile.gif

KristasKakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristasKakes78 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:59am
post #8 of 10

Michele Fosters is the best tasting and so nice to work with.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 4:08am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbuttercream

mamawrobin: Just wondering what the recipe is for the white choc. version of Michelle Fosters fondant. Thank you icon_smile.gif

Just add 6 ounces of white chocolate to the corn syrup mixture before putting it in the microwave. At the end of her recipe she explains how to make different variations. I use Baker's White chocolate squares. I've used Hershey's white chips but they're not really "chocolate" and taste a little odd to me. The Baker's white chocolate makes it taste really good. The chocolate also makes the fondant even more pliable.

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:27pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you mamwrobin I had a different version of this site I went back and found the other one. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%