Talk About Suprise!

Decorating By d3sc3n7 Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 3:15pm by d3sc3n7

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:19am
post #1 of 7

Ok...I had a cake that was due today. Someone may have seen my post about the lady that wanted a 2 tier round cake to feed 5-6. Well, I ended up making a 6/8 double stack (thats my terminology, not sure what everyone else calls it)

Anyway! I spoke to her tonight and I guess everyone loved the cake. I was asking her when a good time to get my board back was. (the cake is sitting on my large cutting board. Tacky? Yes Useful? Yes)

So...It seems her mother (who does not live anywhere near here) does cakes also. At some point in time her mother brought down a load of character pans. Like, a trash bag full of them! She said they are mine, when I get the board back!! I guess she does not use them, and is about to move, does not want to take them with.

Blew me away!

Here is the cake

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1707358

6 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:13am
post #2 of 7

Sweet! I collect them when I find them used, even though I can't use them to make cakes to sell. It's an odd little addiction. LOL

d3sc3n7 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:16am
post #3 of 7

Yeah, I cant see using them to sell a cake, unless thats what they really ask for. But its still something nice to have on hand. I'll post back when I get them

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:49am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3sc3n7

I was asking her when a good time to get my board back was. (the cake is sitting on my large cutting board. Tacky?)

Yes! I agree... tacky. And why is it partially hanging off the cutting board? Did you only use the cutting board for transporting? (I think it's acceptable to see round cakes on square boards, but rectangle????)

I'm not trying to sound rude--just agreeing, and I don't know if you made it for family or sold it to a customer... if the latter, it would have been more professional to purchase a cake drum.

About the character pans... if it's "what they really ask for", you still can't sell it to them because they are labelled "for home use only".

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 5:22am
post #5 of 7

Cute cake...BTW, I used to use my cutting board, jelly roll pans, ect. too.But you can make cake boards from foam core board. One 20x30 board makes 1-2 drums. Cut 2 shapes and hot glue together. Use scraps for feet. Cover in fondant, foil or contact paper. Ribbon the edge. Wal Mart $2.50, or Dollar tree $1.00!!! ea.

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 5:23am
post #6 of 7

Cute cake...BTW, I used to use my cutting board, jelly roll pans, ect. too.But you can make cake boards from foam core board. One 20x30 board makes 1-2 drums. Cut 2 shapes and hot glue together. Use scraps for feet. Cover in fondant, foil or contact paper. Ribbon the edge. Wal Mart $2.50, or Dollar tree $1.00!!! ea.

d3sc3n7 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoser24

Its partly haning off, because I had just finished the bottom border. And yes, it was just for delivery. The cake still had a small board under it. I just didnt feel like decorating the board, since I got put way behind on the cake. (stupid dog!)

Its just when I dropped it off, we were invited to the birtday party, and I left it there on accident.

EDIT: I did not know the pans were for home use only...thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%