Anyone Else Feel This Way?

Decorating By KayMc Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 7:12am by luvmysmoother

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:58am
post #1 of 11

I worked with two cakes all last week (making gumpaste decorations and fondant bows, in addition to the baking and frosting and decorating). I had a piece of cake Saturday at a picnic, and again today @ my daughter's birthday lunch. I had to pack up to get my supplies ready for Wilton cake decorating class tomorrow after work, and I could barely stand the smell of the frosting i was putting in tupperware bowls. I hope I can stand to smell it and use it at class tomorrow. Does anyone else ever get like this?

10 replies
Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:02am
post #2 of 11

I understand completely. It has come to the point I can't stand the smell of butter cream either after I am done with my cakes. Depending how late, sometimes I'll leave my mixing bowls, etc. in the sink and then do the dishes in the morning. I do not do that any more, because I just do not like the smell of butter cream still lingering in the kitchen.

ninjacaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninjacaker Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:03am
post #3 of 11

Yep!

KayMc Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:35am
post #4 of 11

I can't even look at the pictures on this messageboard tonight, as it makes me sick to my stomach! I'm really hoping this is gone by tomorrow, or the class is going to be a problem!

Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:40am
post #5 of 11

you are not alone. I am thankful for the times I have a couple weeks break between cakes. I get a chance to recharge and go back at it.

SBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBaker Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:41am
post #6 of 11

I have done this for so long that everything about me smells of sugar. People seem to like it. I don't smell it anymore! I don't eat it, either. That might help.

KayMc Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:16am
post #7 of 11

I think I'm actually glad I had a piece of cake two days in a row, as it might be the clincher to make me not want to eat any more cake! And, that's a good thing!

kathyx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyx1 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:32am
post #8 of 11

Believe it or not but a while back I had to make a lot of chocolate cakes and I got to the stage where I hated chocolate!! Thank goodness it wasn't permanent (only lasted a couple of days, phew!)

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:49am
post #9 of 11

I wish! icon_biggrin.gif

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:53am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyx1

Believe it or not but a while back I had to make a lot of chocolate cakes and I got to the stage where I hated chocolate!! Thank goodness it wasn't permanent (only lasted a couple of days, phew!)

Oh man, that happened to me last week with a candy barrel cake. Between the cake and the icing and all that candy, ugh. And THEN when we delivered I had the cake on my lap and all I could smell was chocolate and it was actually making me feel a little queasy. tapedshut.gif
I came home and wound up opening a can of pineapple tidbits and eating them straight from the can with a fork just to try and get the overwhelming chocolate smell out of my system.

Fortunately I was over it the next day and was mighty glad to have a little of the icing left over. icon_lol.gif

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 7:12am
post #11 of 11

The only time the smell of buttercream made me sick was when I added butter flavoring to it - blechicon_sad.gif I almost threw up. The smell of buttercream with just vanilla is actually pleasant to me - reminds me of cake decorating so it makes me happyicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%