Question About Transporting A Buttercream Cake

Decorating By uniquecreations Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 9:06pm by uniquecreations

uniquecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uniquecreations Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 5

When it is hot outside and you have to deliver a buttercream cake do you refridgerate the cake first if it's really hot outside so that the icing wont soften as quick, because even with the air condition running in the car when it's really hot the icing will still soften, so I 'm wondering what is the best way to transport it with less "trauma" on the icing?

4 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 5

Living in Houston where it's summertime 10 months out of the year, I always transport cakes chilled - preferably overnight so it's cold through and through.

uniquecreations Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 5

that's what I was thinking too so once the buttercream begins to warm up is there any chance of it sliding off the cake? Forgive me for asking so many questions but I have a anniversary cake to deliver on Saturday and I just want to make sure that everything goes well with the cake.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 5

Sure, if it gets too hot, if your layer of buttercream is too thick/heavy, if the cake is subjected to jarring while being transported...all these things can cause the icing to slide off.

I really don't think you'll have a problem, though. Transport your cake boxed in a heavy cardboard box to help insulate it to keep the cold in and ride with the a/c on full blast. icon_smile.gif

uniquecreations Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 5

THANK YOU so much you hav been a tremendous help!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%