Help With Cake For 8 Year Old. Boy Please

Decorating By luvbuttercream Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 3:44am by luvbuttercream

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make a cake for my son who is turning 8 next month. I had a plan and he doesn't like it I need some ideas please and pics would be great. He like blue and green and is a very boyish boy. He like video games and well I don't even know what else it changes week to week. A cake without a theme may be the way to go but all the ones I find are too girly. Please help... TIA

6 replies
cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 7

Click on ''search'' tab at top of page, then type in boy's birthday cakes;
there are almost 5,ooo boy's cakes to look through. There has to be
something in there that he would like to have!!!
Good luck!!! icon_smile.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:08am
post #3 of 7

I just did a TV cake for my 9 yr old son with an edible image on it that sort of looks like Transformers...it was a huge hit! Cat

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:39am
post #4 of 7

for my kids its always hunting, or baseball, I've done feilds, gloves, shotgun shells, an entire hunting/fishing scene with a dock and tackle box etc. Right now I'm doing one for another boy with a pond, dock, all the fishing stuff, and his baseball stuff (glove, bat, ball) sitting on the dock with his feet sticking out of the water. I get alot of orders for my glove, (its smaller than the field), I did one for my two year old that myolder kids loved that had hills, and roads, and construction equiptment and it was a 'construction' cake. covered in graham crackers for 'dirt'. Even the big boys (adult men) loved it.

If he plays outside, how about a tree with swing (depending on how big you want to go..LOL ) otherwise you might just be doing a blue/green teired cake... maybe one with sports balls on it?

luvbuttercream Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:49am
post #5 of 7

I looked at your TV cake Cat. Very cool I think it is beyond my capabilities but thank you for the suggestion.

chellebyerly : Thank you for all the great suggestions I will be considering them all.

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:22am
post #6 of 7

A video game controller, maybe?

My son's themes have mostly been vehicles: airplane, race car, space shuttle. Maybe you could use a vehicle that's in one of the games he likes? We've also done Lego bricks, a bat and a cave. (The cave was lots of fun and really easy too. You use a bundt cake and cut a chunk out of the side for the cave mouth, then put the chunk on top to cover the hole in the middle of the bundt. And when you frost it you glop on different shades of brown and grey, no worrying about getting anything smooth! I added chocolate rocks candy, and I made a fondant figure of a caver, lying down as if just crawling out of the cave, to set in the opening. I even managed to make some stalactites inside the cave, by piping a couple of piles of frosting onto the underside of the "roof" chunk before setting it in place -- when I turned it over and set it in, the piles dripped down a bit and made perfect cave formations! I've seen versions of this done with dinosaurs, too, although that's probably better for a younger boy.)

If you want something "themeless" you can do a blue and green plaid or stripes; if the colors are bold (not pastels) it won't look girly. Or maybe a design with lightning bolts or flames? You know, like on a sports car?

luvbuttercream Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:44am
post #7 of 7

Those are some great ideas hollyml I will look into those too. You have all been so helpful. Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%