Help!!! - How To Make Gumpaste Tinkerbell

Decorating By shanicewilson Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 9:12am by shanicewilson

shanicewilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanicewilson Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 10:53am
post #1 of 5

hi everyone icon_smile.gif

i am a novice cake decorator who got hooked on making fondant cakes a year ago.

i have been asked by a good friend of mine to make a cake for her niece's 1st bday this weekend.

the theme is Tinkerbell and she has given me a design to copy (which she got from cakesbymay.com)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jsOV7oy5sOw/S6YJ6OX5GiI/AAAAAAAADvU/uJCEVxVKr00/s1600-h/Tinkerbell_Aprel.jpg

could anyone please give me a step by step intruction on how to do Tinkerbell's face? i would truely appreciate all your tips, photo instructions or video tutorials.

i tried making the face last night but failed icon_sad.gif

please please help me!

thank you.

regards,
shanice
[url][/url]

4 replies
shannonlovebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonlovebug Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 5

I'm no good at hand modeling faces so I would get a tinkerbell doll and make a mold of her face with gumpaste. Let it dry thoroughly before using

JerseyCakes24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JerseyCakes24 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:09am
post #3 of 5

I'm very new to CC but I saw a tutorial on youtube. I just did a search for fondant figures and tons of stuff came up. Youtube is great to see hands on how to make different things with fondant and gumpaste. Anyways mold the head out of gumpaste or fondant by forming a ball and with your fingers shape it as desired. Use a round tool to help make the indents for the eyes. Make the nose by pinching and sculpting a little. For the best result and an easy way...eyes and mouth paint on or draw on with food coloring markers.

shanicewilson Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 9:10am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonlovebug

I'm no good at hand modeling faces so I would get a tinkerbell doll and make a mold of her face with gumpaste. Let it dry thoroughly before using

thanks for your advice icon_smile.gif

shanicewilson Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 9:12am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyCakes24

I'm very new to CC but I saw a tutorial on youtube. I just did a search for fondant figures and tons of stuff came up. Youtube is great to see hands on how to make different things with fondant and gumpaste. Anyways mold the head out of gumpaste or fondant by forming a ball and with your fingers shape it as desired. Use a round tool to help make the indents for the eyes. Make the nose by pinching and sculpting a little. For the best result and an easy way...eyes and mouth paint on or draw on with food coloring markers.

thank you so much icon_smile.gif

i'll practice again tonight. hopefully, this time i would get the right look of tinkerbell. last time i tried, it turned out funny.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%