I Am Returning My Cricut Cake After A Month Of Frustration

Decorating By cakesbykitty Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 5:04am by Bfisher2

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 4:17am
post #1 of 4

I previously posted this thread: cricut cake= mental instituion:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=683258&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I AM RETURNING MY cricut CAKE...

I have tried EVERYTHING everyone suggested. All types of gumpaste, fondant, frosting sheets and today sugarveil. I tried the previously mentioned fondant and gumpaste with and without tylose and all different thicknesses, dryness levels and freezing. Nada.

When I finally got it to cut semi OK (NEVER got a perfect cut, it always dragged, pulled and tore) then I couldn't get it off the mat.

When I sat there in tears tonight I decided enough was enough. I bought it on May 12, it has been exactly a month. That is plenty of time to have figured it out.

And... I have to say I am very disappointed in cricut as a company. All my emails to their support email address were returned as undeliverable and the machine's rattle has only gotten worse.

It is back in it's box and ready for UPS. I am very sad, I literally cried out of sadness (after frustration) because I wanted it to work so badly. I just can't sink anymore time, emotion or money into something that is just not working.

I wish everyone else good luck with theirs.

Kitty icon_sad.gif

3 replies
simplysweetbygigi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetbygigi Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 4:36am
post #2 of 4

OMG! I JUST BOUGHT ONE. I AM SKEPTICAL MYSELF. I ASKED THE STORE (AC MOORES) IF I CAN RETURN IT IF I WASN'T SATISFIED AND HE TOLD ME NOT IF ITS OPENED. HOW AM I GONNA KNOW IF I AM SATISFIED IF I DON'T OPEN IT. SO NOW ITS BEEN SITTING IN THE BOX FOR 2 DAYS NOT SURE IF I WANT IT.. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK WITH IT? WHERE DO YOU GET THE GUMPASTE SHEETS FOR IT. I AM SCARED TO OPEN BOX. LOL icon_eek.gif

Jess1019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess1019 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 4:49am
post #3 of 4

I am SO sorry!!!! I have only had luck cutting letters and only if they are 2" or more. I would have returned it as well but I didn't want to hurt my husbands feeling. He was so excited to get it for me.

I think from here on out I will mostly be using it just to cut my own cupcake wrappers.

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 5:04am
post #4 of 4

Kitty... phone customer service and see if you can get it exchanged.... the rattle cant be normal.....icon_sad.gif maybe try it again with another machine.... I finally got mine to cut.... I live in a pretty dry climate and was working in a normal temp area. I used wilton fondant..... i rolled it so thin that i could read the matt underneath it and cut right away.... and I finally got it to cut... I think temp of the area your working in is a definate factor and your fondant... I still have had no luck with satin ice.... but I got wilton to cut ok and I can color it myself.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%