Dr Up Sam's But R Creme

Baking By summersusu Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 6:24am by SugarFrosted

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 3

Does anyone Dr up their Sam's but r creme...I really like working with Sam's but r creme, but I can tell is isn't homemade...is there anyone who adds to it to make it taste better?

2 replies
KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 12:35am
post #2 of 3

I've added Cheesecake Flavor LorAnn Oil. It was good.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 6:24am
post #3 of 3

I wanted to try Sam's because it would save time. A lot of people here use it and like it. So I bought some. I didn't care much for the taste of Sam's Vanilla, so I added Almond and Butter flavors to make it taste more like my homemade. I also had to add some powdered sugar, because the bucketful I bought was a little thinner than my preference. It was a reasonable substitute for mine. But after I finished that whole bucket, I decided if I was gonna go to the trouble to add flavoring and powdered sugar, I might as well just make it myself. So I do.

However, I LOVE the Sam's Chocolate But-R-Creme, with no alteration. I have tried for years to perfect a chocolate buttercream at home, but never coming close to what I wanted. (I think I am chocolate frosting challenged/impaired. LOL) After I tried the Sam's chocolate, I stopped trying. It tastes great, spreads well, smooths easily, and it's dark! If I want a lighter chocolate, I just add some white.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%