Chocolate Buttercream

Baking By dmo4ab Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 8:32pm by dmo4ab

dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 3:41am
post #1 of 6

I hope I'm not duplicating a post - but I'm searching for info in a pinch! I usually use Wilton Chocolate Buttercream made with 1/2 crisco and 1/2 butter and un-sweet choc squares. No complaints. I recently switched from Wilton regular buttercream to IndyDebbies - Love It!!

Now for the real issue - I just finished mixing a batch of IndyDebbies BC for a sample cake for a wedding client tomorrow, only to realize she now requests the sample in chocolate buttercream. (I'm a pleaser - of course I said yes). Has anyone made IndyDebbies BC into chocolate? I'd really love just to convert what's already made to choc instead of having to make a new one and potentially waste the one I just made.

5 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:07am
post #2 of 6

I use Indydebi's buttercream recipe and make chocolate quite often. I use the unsweetened chocolate squares as well. I add 6 ounces per batch. I always have to add a little more milk but I just add a teaspoon at a time until I get the right consistency. It's really good too.

dmo4ab Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 11:32am
post #3 of 6

Thanks mamawrobin. I'll give that a try this morning!

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 6

I always use Indydebi's BC as well..but havent tried chocolate...but really want to..
when you say you add unsweetened chocolate squares...how exactly do you add them? Melt them and add them?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickulz

I always use Indydebi's BC as well..but havent tried chocolate...but really want to..
when you say you add unsweetened chocolate squares...how exactly do you add them? Melt them and add them?

Yes. I break the squares in half and melt at 50% power in a glass bowl in the microwave. I let them cool enough not to melt my buttercream but still be pourable. This is really a good chocolate buttercream. I'm making some right now thumbs_up.gif

dmo4ab Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 8:32pm
post #6 of 6

I agree - I think it turned out tasting great!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%