What Do You Cover Your Cake Boards With?

Decorating By bethie713 Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 10:01pm by bethie713

bethie713 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethie713 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:41am
post #1 of 7

I typically buy Wilton's paper at Michaels or AC Moore to cover my cake boards. I'm just curious what everyone else uses that doesn't allow the oil from the icing to stain the paper. Can you share the website/link of where you purchase your paper? Thanks!!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:45am
post #2 of 7

I cover with wrapping paper to match my grandkids theme and then cover with food safe clear wrap. icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:51am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xMiMi

I cover with wrapping paper to match my grandkids theme and then cover with food safe clear wrap. icon_smile.gif

Ditto. I've also used fabric. Most of the time I use freezer paper (shiny side up) it's inexpensive, food safe and very durable.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 1:00am
post #4 of 7

Sometimes fondant, sometimes wrapping paper (I always put my cakes on a cardboard round first so it the cake doesn't sit on the paper). I often use foamboard and don't cover it at all since I can get them in different colors. I usually put down that self stick wrap (not Saran, I think Glad makes it) to protect the board from getting greasy while I still work on the cake. Then I use my exacto knife and gently cut it away and I have a nice clean board.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 1:08am
post #5 of 7

[quote="msulli10" (I always put my cakes on a cardboard round first so it the cake doesn't sit on the paper).

I forgot to mention that I always do this as well
thumbs_up.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 1:35am
post #6 of 7

I buy tons of colors of florist foil from the bakery supply, and then wrap the boards...put double sided carpet tape...then stick my cake (on its own cardboard) on the base.

bethie713 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethie713 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 10:01pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you for all the feed back! All great ideas!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%