Fondant Colour To Match Light And Dark Pink

Decorating By wildwolves Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 10:26pm by wildwolves

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 4

HI everyone, I have just been asked to do a 60th Birthday cake for my friends mum next weekend. She is turning 60. She loves roses so i thought that i would do a white 8" cake with light pink and dark pink roses on it. Had the design all set. Then my friend reminded me that i can't use white cause her mum is chinese and they associate white with death!

Now my mind is blank as to what colour to do a 60th cake! I thought purple but just not sure about it for a 60th cake.. Any idea's???
I can't use chocolate cause she does not like it.. Please any suggestions would be much appriciated!
Rach icon_smile.gif

3 replies
tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 4

You could make the cake a nice green color-- pink and green are a very visually pleasing combination.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 4

Keep your design, just change your colors. Pale pink with deep pink roses. Pale yellow with light and dark pink roses. A pretty light lime green--- again with your pink roses. Lavender is pretty, or go bold and do a turquoise--also pretty with pink. thumbs_up.gif

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the ideas i was thinking pink and green.. Two of my favourite colours! Ill send that idea to her and see how we go.. icon_smile.gif
Thanks so much icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%