Wedding Cake Help Me

Decorating By creativecreationsbykamica Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 3:25am by creativecreationsbykamica

creativecreationsbykamica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativecreationsbykamica Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 8

I need your help!

I am going to do my first wedding cake in August & she found a cake that she wants and sent me this pic. & instead of the broach in the picture she wants to use the broach that she bought for her wedding party here!

My only this is I'm not sure on how to attach them I could use you help. I was thinking using white floral wire to make it stick in the cake but I'm afraid it won't hold. & would I need more than one per bow or just one? I appreciate all help!!

O and the fondant will be ivory w/ black bows & ribbon & purple edible jems randomly placed.

Also she likes the bows from the purple cake but told me to do whatever I thought would be easier.
LL
LL
LL

7 replies
nicki9774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicki9774 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 8

how big is the actual broach? That will determine a lot more.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 8

I would attach it with melted chocolate. If she doesn't want it to get "dirty" then I'd tell her it can't be done.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 8

the craft stores sell a kit for < $20 with material that allows you to make a mold from anything. You could use her piece, and make a mold from it, and then press gumpaste into the mold.

nicki9774 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 8

I'd put a piece of gum paste thru the pin part and attach it with some gum glue adhesive so it wouldn't ruin it. if the broach is to heavy it may not work. That's why I was wondering the actual size.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 8

Chocolate should hold it unless it's extremely heavy and it dries fast.

nicki9774 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 8

Great Idea about the chocolate!

creativecreationsbykamica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativecreationsbykamica Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 3:25am
post #8 of 8

Thank you guys. I don't know exactly how big or heavy they are because she hasn't gotten one to me yet..we live about 2hrs apart and she said next time she is in town that she would get one to me! But the chocolate would probably be the best bet. But keep the ideas coming.

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%