What Type Of Fondant Do You Use?

Baking By Bubbalynn Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 4:04am by mamawrobin

Bubbalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbalynn Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:34am
post #1 of 8

Right now I have been using the marshmallow fondant. I am curious what others are using and if you make your own. The problem that I have with the mmf is that when it gets really humid here, the fondant is not workable. Or if anyone has a way to keep from melting, I would love to hear about it.

7 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:40am
post #2 of 8

I make MFF fondant, easy to make and easy to work with

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:48am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakesnj

I make MFF fondant, easy to make and easy to work with

Ditto

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:50am
post #4 of 8

I've tried Duff's Fondant (hated it, smelled greasy, looked greasy, and was the creamest white I've ever seen), and Virgin Ice and Glacier fondant, which are both really only available in Canada I think. I really like the Glacier fondant so far though, it's a marshmallow fondant that's fairly easy to work with.

I've heard of people having great success by mixing half Wilton with half Satin Ice. Great flavour and great workability they say. icon_smile.gif

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:55am
post #5 of 8

My list os favorite to least fav
Massa from albert uster
Just tried it this week is my second fav which is fondarific
Fondx
Satin ice
Refuse to use wilton
Don't like mmf

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:54am
post #6 of 8

Just recently made Jennifer Dontz's white choc fondant using Pettinice as the base and it tastes pretty darn good!! I have been using Fondx before I tried hers. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:59am
post #7 of 8

I make MMF and now I have included Jello MMF. I love that stuff.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 4:04am
post #8 of 8

I use Michele Foster's Fondant as well. It's "hands down" the best fondant that I've ever used. It is easy to make and for workability it's second to none. The taste is out of this world. I can eat it by the handful's. It's that good. thumbs_up.gif 99.9% of the time I make the white chocolate version. I add a 6 ounce box of Baker's White Chocolate squares to each batch.

You can find her recipe here on cc. Go to recipes and type Michele Foster's fondant in the "search" box.

I've never had good results with MMF. I've made it several times using several different recipes. It just doesn't work for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%