Canned Frosting

Baking By Sweetlepea Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 5:12pm by TexasSugar

Sweetlepea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetlepea Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:05am
post #1 of 7

Is there a way to make Betty Crocker canned chocoalte frosting thicker? I know, I know.. but before you judge, I broke my foot and have to keep it up most of the time, and the cake is for my sons birthday.. I just need a quickie sub.. But the consistency of themm are all so.. thin.. and well, I'm not a big fan of canned frosting to begin with, I think there gross. But my hubby went out and bought me two of these double sized things of canned chocolate frosting.. I dont even know what to do icon_confused.gif

6 replies
Cargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargen Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:18am
post #2 of 7

Have no idea if this will work as I have never tried it, but I know you can add powdered sugar to buttercream to make it thicker so wonder if you can do the same.

Yorkiemum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yorkiemum Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:19am
post #3 of 7

Sorry to hear you broke your foot. That is not fun. I would try sifting some powdered sugar into the canned icing. Try a small amount first just in case it does not work. Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:32am
post #4 of 7

I would prop my foot up on the cans while I taught my husband how to make buttercream.

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:45am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

I would prop my foot up on the cans while I taught my husband how to make buttercream.

Preach it sister!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:00am
post #6 of 7

It will work. I use to do it all the time before I found a BC recipe I really liked. That will make it work for you in a pinch. Just sift it and add in small amounts till you get the icing stiff enough to use. Sorry to hear about your foot...I broke mine once and it's SOOOO not fun!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:12pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

I kinda like this idea. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%