Freezing Fondant?

Decorating By mauralc Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 12:15pm by leily

mauralc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mauralc Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 4

I have learned how much you all love fondarific and Duff's new stuff and will try both. Thanks for helping with all your feedback . I really love to hear your thoughts as it's really helpful. So now, I usually do cakes in buttercream and am just starting with fondant. I was wondering does freezing fondant affect it? I love sending my cakes out frozen since they travel well this way and I've never had complaints about anything going wrong with them. Thanks, Maura

3 replies
mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know that I would freeze fondant after it's on a cake. It might leave water spots when it thaws. But you could try it on a practice cake and see.
Jen...

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:28am
post #3 of 4

I've never frozen dark colored fondant cakes but have never had a problem with light colors. Take it out of the freezer the night before so it thaws and dries before you need it.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:15pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauralc

I have learned how much you all love fondarific and Duff's new stuff and will try both.

Just so you know "Duff's new stuff" is fondarific, so i would just buy whichever one you can get cheaper (some people say they can get Duff's cheaper per pound with coupons - for me it's still cheaper to order fondarific and have it shipped)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%