Any Advice On Frosting Flavor Under Fondant?

Decorating By kaela112 Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 11:52pm by kaela112

kaela112 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaela112 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 5:23am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone! newbie here icon_biggrin.gif i just want to get tips from you guys, i am a newbie, new at baking, cake decorating, but i have my whole heart and passion on learning things and i hope i came to the right place... i made a vanilla flavored cake on my daughter's birthday an i covered it with fondant and put some flowers on it and she loved it (she said it's the best bday cake ever!!! awww). so vanilla cake and buttercream frosting, hhmmm.... i want to try something else, can you guys give me tips, flavors, that would be good. i want to try and make a cake for my friend's bridal shower and my mom's 55th birthday. so cake covered with fondant, flavor? uhhmmm, i dont know, any suggestions? cake flavor? with what frosting flavor? any suggestion, any idea are very much welcome.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 5:40am
post #2 of 4

Hi and welcome to cc. I love the "original" WASC recipe by kakeladi found in the recipe section on this site. I also use Indydebi's buttercream recipe for my icing. You can find it on cc as well in the "most saved" recipes. Another option for icing a cake is ganache. I use the 2:1 ratio of chocolate to cream and it's really good under fondant.

This site is filled with tons of good recipes. Search the recipes and start baking thumbs_up.gif Gotta warn you...this site is very addictive. icon_lol.gif

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 6:01am
post #3 of 4

This thread is one heck of a jumping off point for flavor combos!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554.html

Set aside an extra couple hours to read through it. icon_smile.gif

kaela112 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaela112 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 4

thank you guys! wow the list is really long!!! heeheehee thank you very much! for the cake under the fondant, can i use chiffon?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%