St. Louis Cathedral Cookies???

Baking By criemers Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 12:35pm by linedancer

criemers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
criemers Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 4:25am
post #1 of 2

My husband's brother is getting married next May, and the bride-to-be really wants St. Louis Cathedral (in New Orleans) cookies (or other goodies) as favors. I've been trying to think of how to accomplish this and have thought of getting a specialty cookie cutter made and decorating it, getting an image of the cathedral printed on that edible paper stuff, etc., but I figured someone on here might have a better idea. Has anyone made a church- or cathedral-shaped or printed cookie/candy/cupcake/whatever before and had any success? If so, please give me some tips!!! I'll be responsible for making about 200 of these (eek!!!), so any ideas for cutting time and/or making cookies/treats in advance would be much appreciated.

1 reply
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 2

Found this image of the inside of the cathedral and took it into Printshop 23, added some words. This would be simple and easy to do as a cookie. Get a fairly large rectangle or scalloped rectangle cutter.

Use rolled fondant as the icing, add luster dust, attach the edible image and emboss, cookie done. It would be beautiful.

If you want more info, don't hesitate to pm me. I make cookies like this all the time.

The exterior shots of the cathedral I found did not lend themselves as well as this interior shot.

Also attaching one of a singer sewing machine I did, to give you an idea of how they would look. HTH
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%