Fondant Decorations In The Frig???

Decorating By SweetArt5 Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 2:02am by Butterfly325

SweetArt5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt5 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 1:23am
post #1 of 3

Can I put a cake with a large fondant decoration in the refrigerator for 2 days before being eaten? If not what's the best way to cover it without messing up all of the other decorations?? I have to deliver this cake 2 days prior to the date because of conflicting schedules and I don't know how well the fondant will hold up. Any info greatly appreciated. thanks.

2 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 1:37am
post #2 of 3

Unless you used a perishable filling I wouldn't refrigerate the cake. I never refrigerate my cakes so that I have no issues with condensation. I know that some refrigerate their cakes with no problems but I do have problems when I refrigerate cakes so I don't. thumbs_up.gif

Some say that after the cake comes back to room temp. that the condensation will stop but I live where it's really humid and this doesn't work for me.

Butterfly325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly325 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:02am
post #3 of 3

Hi! We put our fondant cakes in the fridge all the time, but we take it out a few hours before we need to deliver it and just put it in front of a small oscillating fan, rotating it frequently until it's room temp. It's helped with condensation, at least for me. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%