Cupcakes Pulling Away From Liners After Baking

Baking By ILoveDaffodils Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 6:29pm by LindaF144a

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone else have a problem with the liners separating from the cupcakes are they are out of the oven for a few minutes? Some of the edges separate and it looks really messy. It seems to happen more with the mini cupcakes. Any ideas for fixing? icon_sad.gif

8 replies
anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 12:12am
post #2 of 9

I hope to hear some tips on this one...this happens to my minis all the time! I thought it might be too much oil, I cut back a little but it still happens.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 1:15am
post #3 of 9

I had this happen on a batch of minis but it was after I covered them for the night so they wouldn't get hard. On the last batch I did I put them in a cardboard cake box after they cooled on the counter for 15 minutes and the next morning they were still atached and moist. Try putting them in the cardboard cake boxes. HTH

JuliePeters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuliePeters Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 9

I have the exact same thing happening right now. I have 350 cupcakes due tomorrow for a wedding but ONLY my white cupcakes are doing this. I have about 1/4 of the 100 white cupcakes that are separating. I have them in foil pans covered with foil and I just wonder if they are too moist. I will probably have to bake another batch and try just putting them in their cardboard boxes tonight. SO FRUSTRATING!

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 9

I can't figure it out either. Just about every cupcake I do with the plain pastel wrappers seperate but when I do minis, it's worse. Also, I have never had a problem so far with the silver foil ones. I've tried not covering them but it still happens. I'd like suggestions also.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 9

I have found that if I leave them in the cupcake pan to cool, the lining stays on.

JuliePeters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuliePeters Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks! I will try that. I have been taking them out when they are still a bit warm. It's so strange that it is only happening to the white cake cupcakes. The other flavors are fine. I am using the "grease proof" liners. Of course they are in specialty colors so I can't just run out to the store to buy more. Grrrr.... Good thing I have learned the lesson to always buy extra!

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 8:53pm
post #8 of 9

The liners are falling away because of too much moisture. When you take the cupcakes out of the oven take them out of the pan. If you leave them in the pan the heat will cause moisture to collect. Put them on a rack of some kind spread apart so they are not up against each other to cool.

You may also be adding to much moisture to the mix or underbaking the cupcakes. Sometimes this just happens, which can be frustrating. I use the same recipe every time for my chocolate cupcakes and last week 1/3 of them pulled away. Last night I made more chocolate cupcakes and followed the advice I provided above and none of them separated.

I wait an hour before I box and freeze my cupcakes to make sure they are %100 cool. You can try baking them in two liners to start out with or if they are only coming apart a little bit just sit the cupcake into a second liner.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 6:29pm
post #9 of 9

I have found that it depends on which paper liners you are using. As I use the same recipe, and take it out of the pan at the same time, the only ones that stay on are the plain paper wrappers from Reynolds. The foil ones from Reynolds stay on also. Everything else will fall away.

Once I made a mistake and put in too much liquid in a cake batter for cupcakes. The cupcakes were super moist. Three days later I served them and people thought I had made them fresh that day. (I need to duplicate that mistake someday). Not one liner peeled away. I use the Reynolds ones all the time now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%