What Is Whipped Cream Icing And Other Things

Decorating By rkei Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 11:26am by minicuppie

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 4

I totally love CC! Everybody on it has given me such great answers and comments! Thank you.

#1. What is Whipped Cream Icing? Can someone give me a link or the recipe for it? Can you decorate with it? It sounds like it would be very creamy.
#2. A little while ago, I had made a butterfly stencil for a cake. I drew a simple butterfly on a regular sheet, then cut it out. I stuck it on my icing. And it STUCK on there! Luckily, I was able to peel it off, and smooth my icing someone. If this helps, it was canned icing from the store. How do I make it not stick? Is there a place where I can print out stencils. I am particulary looking for one of those racecar ones.
#3. If I bought buttercream in a can from Michael's, will it crust like homeade BC? Can someone give me some recipes or links to some different kinds of icing?
#4.If I ad, say some orange juice to MMF, will it taste like orange. What other kinds of juices could I add to make it taste good? Thanks everyone! I<3 CC!

3 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 4

Look up to the left on this page. See the recipe tab? Click and scroll down. Thousands of recipes..click on the frostings, icings, fillings. They are rated with stars (great idea, I know). About flavoring with juice. Unless you start with a gallon and reduce to a few tablespoons, it isn't strong enough. Try these https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx?gclid=CPSF66fPlaICFY835wod_xtiGg You can find them at most all cake supply stores and sites, hobby stores in the candy making area and even WM. Taste great, only takes a few drops.

Cakelayer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakelayer Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 4

I love using whipped cream for frosting. In my opinion, there is nothing that tastes better. I use a "manufacturing whipping cream" from Smart and Final but also use a stabilizer I get from my local cake decorating store which keeps it from deflating or getting watery. All you do is whip it, add powdered sugar and vanilla and the stabilizer.

I've used recipes that use gelatin to stablize whipped cream but I don't think they work as well. The whipped cream always seems to have some small pieces of undissolved gelatin in it.

You can do simple decorations, borders, etc but it doesn't hold up well for intricate work. It's also very important to keep the finished cake refrigerated.

Hope that helps,
DianaJJ

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:26am
post #4 of 4

I use 1.5 cups 10x per 4 cups cream and beat till stiff to stabilize whipping cream. Will hold for 3 days in fridge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%