Will I Ever ...

Decorating By Sandysdream Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm by Sandysdream

Sandysdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandysdream Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 8

I look at all the wonderful cakes posted on CC and I wonder will I ever be able to make such nice cakes? I started making cakes for people January 2009, so it is just over a year now and I know I have grown, but some of the cakes here on CC is just WOW!

7 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 8

Keep practicing. Also remember that not every decorator can do every treatment. My DH does all the gumpaste work and fondant decos for me.

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 8

are you kidding me? i've seen pics of your cakes and cupcakes!! amazing work you've done there!! i only hope that with some more time and effort i can get the clean cakes you have produced!! you've got a varied amount of work, alot of different techniques!! koodos to you my friend!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sandysdream Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:43am
post #4 of 8

Thank you, that is so nice of you xxx icon_smile.gif

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 8

You just posted the same question I've had in my mind for days !!! I wish I had more money and time to practice. But I am learning not to compare myself to anyone any more, b/c different people have different talents, and it's all about technique and using the right product for the desire result... I'll just have to keep practicing, and I use everyone here for inspiration !!!

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 8

BTW I saw your pics and I think you are very creative !!! I have a long ways to go before I can do some of the things you've done !

Anna

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:56pm
post #7 of 8

you have got to be kidding. your cakes are great. I have been doing this a little over a year and am still doing the star tip at times. I am not artistic at all so all my cakes are copied ideas...don't think I will ever get good at it.

Sandysdream Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks all of you, you are dear to my heart! I have no training, everything I know I learned here on CC and the internet. Sometimes people talk about this or that teqnique and I have no idea what they are talking about, but feel to silly to ask. I can only give thanks to the Lord, because sometimes I also wonder after decorating a cake - where did this come from ... Love you all! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%