Sure Cuts A Lot

Decorating By TPACakeGirl Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 11:40pm by Lcubed82

TPACakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPACakeGirl Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:10am
post #1 of 6

I'm trying to download the attached picture to SCAL so that I can make it into a gumpast/fondant decoration for a cake, but I can't get SCAL to accept it. It came as a JPEG file. SCAL will let me trace it, but won't do the whole picture. I downloaded Inkscape and saved it as a SVG file, but now SCAL won't open it. What do I do now?
LL

5 replies
TPACakeGirl Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone?????

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 6

If the picture is just a JPEG, I trace it into SCAL and it works for me. Maybe the picture is to detailed. Go to http://www.scrappingtable.com/home.html and ask her. She would be to one to know and I am sure she would get back to you. I am only just starting to learn SCAL so that's all the help I can be.

TPACakeGirl Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 6

When I trace it, it only traces the black lines. Nothing else shows up. There's no dimension. I need the whole logo.

brian1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brian1974 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 6

you need inkscape as far as i know for the conversion to a svg file

follow this tutorial

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 6

I copied your pic, enlarged it in Adobe Photoshop, then opened in the Trace in SCAL2. (My first attempt, I did not enlarge the file) I got really good clarity, except for the JUJU ISLAND part. There are lots of TINY little bits up around the volcano, but you probably don't need all of that.

I doubled the file size to 800x524. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%