Distressing Fondant

Decorating By pclerv01 Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 12:38pm by bobhope

pclerv01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pclerv01 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 2

I'm a newbie to cake decorating and I'm constantly hearing the phrase "distressing fondant". What does that phrase mean? Is it an additive thats added? What type of design can one do with a distress fondant?
Please help. icon_confused.gif
Thank you

1 reply
bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 2

hi...i'm not sure if this is the right answer but i think what the word distressing the fondant means is to make/score marks on the fondant to give that certain/specific look ..either by using a toothpick or any sharp tool..maybe someone else has better answer here?


btw..welcome to cake central..you'll love it here icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%