Utah Bakers

Decorating By Sweetpeazmom Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 2:57pm by Sweetpeazmom

Sweetpeazmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeazmom Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 3

Do any of you Utah bakers have bakeries (or know of any bakeries) in the Downtown Salt Lake City area? My hubby is on a business trip and we are staying close to the Salt Palace Convention Center and Temple Square. We will do the tour thing later in the week, but I would like to visit some local bakeries while he is in his meetings. Are there any within walking distance? or If any of your shops are within walking distance, I would love to come visit your shop, see your work and possibly meet you. By the way, this is my first time to Utah and it is such a beautiful place. My husband said he would not have any problem moving here. lol Thanks.

2 replies
saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 3

It's been a few years since I lived in Salt Lake, so I may have forgotten some, but the only one I can think of downtown is Mrs. Backer's Pastry Shop. It's at 434 E. South Temple.

If you can find transportation, I would recommend Granite Bakery at 900 East and 2700 South (okay, I'm partial -- I used to work there!). You may also want to try contacting Carrie Biggers of Carrie's Cakes. She is one if the finest decorators I know of in Salt Lake, but she doesn't have a shop you can just go into (unless things have changed since I moved).

I hope you enjoy your trip. I really miss living in Salt Lake!

Sweetpeazmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeazmom Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Saffronica. I'm having a great time. This is such a beautiful place. I will definitely have to check out Mrs. Backer's Pastry Shop. That seems fairly close. When hubby and I head out, maybe we can check out the Granite Bakery.
Thanks again for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%