Damask Pattern On Fondant Covered Cake

Decorating By Carol48 Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 10:49pm by cylstrial

Carol48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carol48 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 9:59am
post #1 of 5

Help! need suggestions on how to get damask pattern onto square weddingt cake. This is my first time attempting this design and it's a bit daunting....Thx

4 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 10:29am
post #2 of 5

use royal icing with your stencil. Hold stencil in place with one hand and use offset spatula with RI and swipe across and slightly down (or up). Carefully lift stencil off

suzannesaucepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannesaucepan Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 5

Carol, I think Patty's idea is the only way to go. i attempted a damask pattern for a cake I did, and although it ended up looking beautiful, it took me ages to hand pipe the design. seen some great stencils on the global sugarart websit too- there's a damask set of 5 specially made for this job. good luck!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 5

I found the pattern that I needed, taped it to a board, put parchment paper down, and then piped the design. If you pipe on the parchment paper, it will release the RI will release itself and there is a lot less breakage. It took me about 12 hours to pipe all of damask pieces that I needed. I did it over a series of days though because it was hard on my hands. And I made lots of extra's because I was really scared about them breaking. I had VERY little breakage and way too much left over. But I'd rather have it that way.

Good luck!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 5

Here's a picture of the cake I did. I had to enlarge it to get cc to accept t. So the N is a little blurred.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1405394

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%